Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Space, Sin, and Astrophysicists

Top astrophysicists promote the “Big Bang Theory” – that the universe sprang into existence in a single instance some 15 billion years ago. I doubt that. But, then, I am often at odds with things learned men and women say about the universe. That may sound strange considering they hail from the cream of the astrophysicists’ crop, while I am fathoms removed from the bottom rung. Nonetheless, I have my own theory.


******

 

The bigger the house, the more empty the home. With that in mind, you supposed “rich folk” might want to try a bit of downsizing, for happiness’ sake. 

 

******


The problem with keeping people endlessly imprisoned is that prisoners will eventually lose the healthy disgust they feel for themselves, and begin to focus a more bleak disgust upon a system that feels compelled to punish. It is as though this hateful desire to punish others is ingrained into the state – into the very hearts of its politicians and its citizenry; having proven itself, somehow, to be elemental to America’s psyche, like destiny, and beyond the realm of mere mortals to right. 


******

 

This vaunted “Space Force” idea America is wont to pursue – a design to militarize Earth’s outer orbit – is shameless. It will amount to nothing more than a build-up of capacity to unleash high-tech weaponry down upon this Earth – to bombard our poor and precious planet from a greater distance than we already bombard it today. 


******

 

This is simple: It would seem that any time we propel ourselves forward in space, we experience time travel. The store is a mile from where I stand. It will take an hour to walk there. I get into an automobile that travels at 60mph, I am there in one minute. That store is in my future. By being propelled forward in an automobile, I am thrust 59 minutes into the future, during which time I age one minute instead of one hour. 


****** 

 

In John 8:11, Jesus said to a sinner, “Go, and sin no more.”  I think I can do that. 

No comments: