Sunday, September 24, 2023

More Racial Dilemmas

Sage Steele, recently-fired ESPN anchor, declared: "I'm bi-racial." I declare, "So?" A large percentage of African-Americans are bi-racial, thanks in large part to America's "crime against humanity" - slavery - where the white slavemaster has his way with the two million original African-American women under his complete control. 

Then, Sage declared, "Barack Obama is going around saying that he is a black man, when he is actually bi-racial, like me." Sage should not have gone there. Barack knows who he is, and where he comes from. He has never denied his black Kenyan father , nor his white Kansas mother. After living in places around the wold , he settled in about the "blackest" community in America - Chicago's southside. After dating women all colors, he married a truly black woman - Michelle Robinson. He has a black family. Barack Obama chooses to be a black man. 

Back to Sage: Once you declare yourself "bi-racial", most people tend to wonder, "Okay, so what races are you?" Let me put it this way: I am a dark-skinned African-American man. My paternal great-grandfather was white. My maternal great-grandfather was full-blooded Native American. (The rest of me, for the most part, hails from western Africa.) That, I suppose, makes me "tri-racial". Should I declare myself that? Not unless I want to sound foolish. Chances are, many of us are tri-racial, and then some. Nonetheless, most of us declare a race: Hispanic, Black, Native American, Asian, etc., because that is the community we most identify with. 

Funny how a bi-racial person can claim to be anything he/she wants to be, except "white."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I've grown to believe we're all products of the environment we're born and grow up in until the age of responsibility (only GOD knows that true age for everyone) and it's such a trivial factor...without self-identification. Education is key once we're off to the R A C E (S), with all pun intended, we have a right to be that RAT! Ethnicity or activity, (rhetorically) if we had the chance to do it all over again, would we do it (whatever color) the same as we currently claim?!! Human identity is core to our life value & worth, and without The Word of GOD our minds (and lives) are ultimately wasted...what did she get fired for?!! Keep Bangin' Cuz!
Tico

Anonymous said...

It’s so shameful how people of status (news media, politicians, celebrities etc) waste an opportunity to talk about non factor BS than something of real relevance 👍🏽

hank said...

just a drop and you are not